Keith J. Zimmerman represents both private and public sector labor unions in contract negotiations, representation cases, unfair labor practice proceedings, discipline and discharge cases, interest and rights arbitrations, and in impasse and fact finding proceedings. He has a wide range of experience in both civil and criminal litigation, having appeared on behalf of his clients before administrative agencies, in district and circuit trial courts, and in Maryland’s appellate courts.
Mr. Zimmerman graduated from Cornell University in 1977, earning a bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Labor Relations. He graduated from Antioch School of Law in 1980. While in law school he clerked for the National Labor Relations Board’s Division of Judges. He is admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Zimmerman presently serves as Chair Elect of the Maryland State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section. Mr. Zimmerman frequently speaks at labor organization meetings on a variety of topics including educators’ rights in the workplace and social media. He has been recognized in Maryland Super Lawyers® magazine since 2007. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the practice areas of Education Law, Employment Law – Individuals, Labor Law – Union, Litigation – Labor and Employment. He was designated by Best Lawyers® as one of its “Lawyers of the Year” for Employment Law – Individuals (2013, Baltimore), and Labor Law – Unions (Baltimore, 2015).
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Listed in Maryland Super Lawyers 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Listed in Best Lawyers® since 2012
- Avvo Rating of 9.6 (Superb)
- Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations (BS)
- Antioch University School of Law (JD)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Chair Elect, Labor and Employment Section
- Legislative Liaison for Labor and Employment Section
- Co-chair of Annual Meeting Program for Labor and Employment Section
- Baltimore City College Mock Trial Team Coach