Heather Heilman is an attorney in the firm’s labor and employment practice. She has experience representing public and private sector unions in matters before arbitrators, state and federal courts, the National Labor Relations Board, and other agencies. She has a sophisticated and nuanced understanding of the challenges and issues faced by labor unions, and counsels her union clients on internal affairs, membership relations, organizing campaigns, contract negotiation, contract administration, compliance issues and other matters. She has testified on behalf of her clients before legislative committees.
Ms. Heilman also represents individuals in employment disputes such as wage payment actions, claims for overtime, and actions to enforce statutory rights. She counsels professionals regarding employment contracts and workplace rights. She represents government contract employees in claims that arise out of Davis-Bacon and prevailing wage laws.
Ms. Heilman is proud to be a coal miner’s granddaughter and is passionate about protecting the rights of working people.
• Court of Appeals of Maryland
• United States District Court for the District of Maryland
• Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
• United States District Court for the District of Southern West Virginia
• United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
• University of Memphis (BA)
• Bennington College (MFA)
• Tulane University Law School (JD)
• Maryland State Bar Association
• American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law
• Maryland Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA) (2017 President)