Christopher R. Ryon litigates on behalf of employees and unions before Maryland’s courts, federal courts, the NLRB and administrative agencies. Mr. Ryon also counsels unions with regard to negotiations, legislative matters, and compliance issues.
In addition, Mr. Ryon leads the firm’s procurement and government contracts practice. He represents government contractors in all aspects of working with state and local government. He advises contractors on the procurement process and represents them in bid protests and contract claims. He has represented businesses both large and small. Mr. Ryon has successfully litigated a variety of complex cases, including sophisticated bid protest appeals and million dollar government contract claims. He has handled government contract cases involving large construction projects, public-private partnerships, healthcare, commodities, and other services. He represents government contract employees in claims that arise out of Davis-Bacon and prevailing wage laws.
Prior to joining Kahn, Smith & Collins, Mr. Ryon served more than six years with the State of Maryland Office of the Attorney General. As an Assistant Attorney General with the Contract Litigation Unit, Mr. Ryon represented the major procurement agencies of the State of Maryland: the University System of Maryland (USM); the units under the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT); the Department of Budget and Management (DBM); and the Department of General Services (DGS). Following law school, Mr. Ryon served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Evelyn Cannon, Circuit Court for Baltimore City.
He is included on the Maryland Rising Stars list assembled by SuperLawyers.
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- University of Michigan
- University of Maryland School of Law
- American Bar Association
- Section of Public Contract
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Section
- Construction Law Section
- Author- Labor and Employment Chapter, Maryland Construction Law Deskbook, Second Edition, Maryland State Bar Association (2017)
- Public Justice Center, Inc., Board of Directors
- Youth soccer and baseball coach